Get Your Free Estimate Now
Moving is a complex procedure that requires a lot of preparation and planning. It takes time and good organization to organize a full-scale move and transport your belongings from point A to point B. With that being said it comes as no surprise that people are often nervous when they are about the change their address. But there is always a solution. One way out of this difficult procedure is to call one of the professional moving companies Gatineau to help you with the move. On the other hand, if you are a more „do it yourself” type of person, there are ways to move without headaches. So, if you wish to organize a move from Gatineau to Kanata with ease, stay with us as we have prepared a short guide to help you in your quest.
Start planning your move from Gatineau to Kanata early
Imagine the scenario where the moving truck has arrived and you are still scrambling to pack your kitchen. This is certainly not a recipe for a successful relocation. The only way to organize the move properly is to start preparing on time. Also, the best way to organize anything, including a move, is to have some sort of plan.
Therefore, you should make a moving plan. Here is what a good moving plan should include:
- Dedicated moving budget, including moving quotes, additional moving services, travel expenses, and other costs.
- Packing plan including the order of packing, and labeling system.
- List of important documents
- List of relevant contacts, and phone numbers.
- Side tasks like canceling utility services at your old address and securing the same services at your new address.
- Backup your electronic devices
- Visit your doctor
The main advantage of starting early is that you will have enough time to correct any mistakes that you might make. Also, if you start preparing on time you will diminish the chances of forgetting something.
Get some quality packing tools
Ok, so now you have a moving plan. Remember that what we wrote above is a general outline and that you should add and remove points according to your own needs. Your next step is to start packing for the move. But before you do that you must get some basic packing tools. Listed below are moving supplies you should get to organize an average household move:
- Cardboard or plastic boxes
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Marker pens
- Sticker labels in various colors
- Basic tools like screwdrivers and scissors
You can find these moving tools in most DIY stores, or you can ask your friends who recently moved if they home some leftover boxes. Another option is to open your browser, type packing supplies Ottawa, and order everything online.
Hire professional packers for your move from Gatineau to Kanata
Most people have what it takes to pack their clothes, books, and other small items. On the other hand, packing bulky and heavy items like home appliances and pianos requires certain skills. This is why we advise you to leave such items to professional packers. Remember that these people do this for a living, so they are certainly more qualified than you are. Here are some of the situations where it’s advisable to hire professional packers:
- You have to move in a hurry. If you don’t have enough time to pack on your own, you should consider getting professional packing services.
- You don’t know how to pack certain items. Professional packers and movers have all the necessary tools and knowledge to tackle every relocation-related obstacle.
- You want to concentrate on something else. If you have important meetings or doctor appointments, you can leave the packing process to professionals.
Declutter your home
We already discussed the moving plan and packing process, but there is a simple yet efficient way of making the whole procedure even easier. Since you are soon moving, now is the perfect time to take a look around your home and discard everything. In other words, you should declutter your home. There are many advantages to taking this step during the moving preparation phase:
- Less time spent on packing.
- The unpacking process will also be a lot easier.
- Less money spent on moving quotes. Let us explain this. The price of every move is based on two main factors. One is the distance of the move and the other is the total weight of the shipment. So, the less stuff you pack, the less you will pay for the move.
- Organized living space. Too much stuff that you are not using just generates mess and attracts dust and allergens. Get rid of it before you move to your new place.
You can get rid of excess stuff using one of the following methods: Selling, donating, or throwing out.
Learn more about your new neighborhood
Another thing worth remembering is that moving is sadly not over when the moving truck leaves you in front of your new home. You still have to unpack and get used to your new surroundings. You will have to learn around your new neighborhood, and that is a process that could last for several months. This is why it is advisable to learn a thing or two about your new neighborhood before hiring moving companies in Ottawa. So, what can be said about Kanata in that sense:
- Kanata is one of the largest suburbs of Ottawa.
- The city has a population of around 90,000
- Kanata is located 14 miles from downtown Ottawa
- The costs of living are lower compared to the national or Ottawa average
- Kanata is also a safe place, with 20% lower crime rates than the national average
- Median household incomes are equal to $92,727 or 22% higher than the national average
- The median home value is $357,678
So, there you go, if you want to move from Gatineau to Kanata with ease follow our advice and never look back.
How It Works
Quality services and
the highest level of professionalism
Organize your move with ease
Let us guide you through a smooth moving process